In this blog post, we will give you a few tips on how to successfully keep your garden alive in the Scottsdale summer heat. Since its the beginning of April, now is the time to prep those outdoor plants for the months ahead.
Here are some tips for keeping your plants healthy throughout the summer months:
- Starting in April, water plants, trees and bushes once a week. Plants need to be well hydrated, and feel free to deep-soak trees and shrubs and water cactus well before the heat sets in. According to AZCentral, doing this “fills up their tanks,” so to speak.
- As temperatures increase, water shrubs twice a week.
- Grass starts to get dull and dry after winter. Water it more during the summer to keep it looking green and fresh.
- Remove any dead branches or plants and trim tree branches periodically.
- Place plants in the shade or cover them to help acclimate them to their sunny environments.
- Add a layer of mulch around your plants. This helps cool down the ground.
- Don’t spray chemicals such as insecticides when temperatures are above 90 degrees. The heat can cause chemicals to become toxic.
Gardening in the summer months in Scottsdale can be challenging, but by following these few simple steps you’ll be able to keep your yard looking healthy and beautiful.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255