But there are a few things you need to know before you make any changes to your home in order to sell it.
Making Improvements, Upgrades and Repairs Before You Sell a Home in DC Ranch
Selling your home as-is or making a few improvements is a highly personal decision, but it’s one that your Realtor can help you with. Some improvements don’t pay off at the closing table, while others can help increase your sales price and your profit. Some improvements aren’t improvements at all – they’re simply upkeep and maintenance tasks that homeowners are expected to perform as their homes age.
Improvements That Could Pay Off When You Sell Your Home
Aside from home staging (including staging your outdoor living space) and making sure your entire home is spotless, there are a few actual improvements you can make that could bring in some extra cash when you sell. Because every home and every market (even down to the neighborhood) is different, ask your Realtor what you should do about making improvements before you drop your hard-earned cash on upgrades.
Some things are more valuable to buyers than others are, so consider:
- Minor bathroom remodels can bring in up to 102% of your original investment at closing
- Landscaping tends to pay for itself, provided you don’t go overboard
- Minor kitchen remodels bring in an average of 98.5% return on investment, and they can help you sell the home faster
- Exterior improvements can bring in about 95.5% ROI, but they definitely improve curb appeal – and that can draw in more buyers who are interested in your home
- People want outdoor living space, so improvements to patios and decks can make a big difference
Common Maintenance Issues That Probably Won’t Pay Off at the Closing Table
Buyers expect homeowners to handle routine maintenance, so you likely won’t get any “extra credit” when you sell for:
- Fixing broken appliances
- Patching holes and cracks in walls or ceilings
- Repainting marred walls
- Repairing leaky faucets
- Repairing the roof
- Replacing broken items
- Replacing worn flooring
Even though you won’t get any kudos from buyers (or any extra cash on your home’s price), these are all things you need to do before you even list your home for sale. Your agent will do a walk-through with you to cover all the things you need to repair before you list, so don’t worry too much – but do keep these items, at minimum, in mind.
Are You Looking for a Home for Sale in DC Ranch?
If you’re trying to find the perfect home in DC Ranch, we can help. Call us at 480-360-0281 or get in touch with us online. We’ll help you explore condos and single-family homes that meet your needs so you can make the right decision for your future.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Country Club Village homes for sale
- Desert Camp Village homes for sale
- Desert Parks Village homes for sale
- Silverleaf Village homes for sale