DC Ranch residents are accustomed to bicycle traffic throughout the community – the weather, the well maintained roads and the scenery make it a great place for cyclists. With the 11th Annual Tour de Scottsdale just days away, however, the bicycle traffic will jump to a whole new level this Sunday, October 12 and three roads will be closed for a brief period in the morning.
Note: Access to Safeway and the Market Street retail center from Pima Road is open throughout the day.
The three roads that will be closed in DC Ranch this Sunday are:
- 4:00 am – 12:00 pm – 90th Place and Market Streets are closed
- 4:00 am – 7:00 am – South half of Desert Camp is closed
The race starts from Market Street around 6:45 a.m. Sunday, and festivities will continue in the Market Street area all day. More than 2,000 cyclists and spectators are expected to visit our community.
Be sure to get out and join the fun!
Thanks for using extra care when you’re driving in the area on Sunday, especially on the roads that are part of the two race routes. This is the route that the riders will be taking from the starting line on Market Street:
- West on Thompson Peak Parkway to Scottsdale Road,
- North to Cave Creek Road
- East to Pima Road
The 30 mile races will travel south on Pima Road back to Market Street.
The 70 mile racers will travel south on Pima Road to Dynamite, and then:
- East on Dynamite to Forest Road
- South to McDowell Mountain Road
- South to Fountain Hills Boulevard
- South to Saguaro Boulevard
- South to Shea Boulevard
- West to 136th Street
- North to Via Linda
- West to Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard
- Northwest to 100th Street
- Northwest to Thompson Peak Parkway
- North to McDowell Mountain Ranch Road
- East and North on McDowell Mountain Ranch Road until the road merges into Bell Road
- West on Bell Road to Thompson Peak Parkway
- North to Desert Camp Drive
- Left on the Desert Camp Drive to 90th Place
- Left on 90th Place to the “Finish Line”
Traffic along the routes will be monitored by Scottsdale police.
DC Ranch is a bicycle-friendly community with more than 33 miles of biking and hiking trails for residents. Contact your DC Ranch real estate specialists at The Matheson Team at 480-360-0281 for information on DC Ranch homes for sale in this truly unique community.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255