Located just 30 minutes from DC Ranch, Arizona State University (ASU) is one of Arizona’s most widely-recognized universities. With its rich history, diverse degree programs (300+ majors) and unbeatable location, ASU is the number one choice for Arizona high school students applying to university.
Here are 15 quick facts about ASU:
- ASU was founded in 1885 as the Arizona Territorial Normal School (this is 27 years before Arizona was declared an official state)
- Arizona State University (ASU) enrolls approximately 75,000 graduate and undergraduate students across its four campuses: Tempe, West, Polytechnic and Downtown Phoenix.
- The World University Ranking and the Academic Ranking of World Universities ranks ASU in the world’s top 100 universities.
- The university has more than 1,100 clubs.
- The average GPA of high school students accepted is 3.42.
- The average SAT score of incoming undergraduates is 1129; the average ACT score is 24.5.
- The school enrolls students from over 150 countries.
- There are 7 libraries throughout the university with 275 research databases, 50,000 full-text online journals and 25,000 books.
- There’s a strong Greek Life presence on campus.
- ASU Sun Devils “bleed maroon and gold”, the university’s colors since 1896. Sun Devil football and basketball fans have won spirit awards for game attendance.
- Sparky the Sun Devil, the university’s mascot since 1946, was created by one-time Disney Studios employee Bert Anthony.
- According to Washington Monthly, ASU ranks #7 in terms of “colleges that deliver the most bang for the buck”.
- There are 493 classrooms spread across ASU’s four campuses.
- 91% of ASU undergrads get to work on individual projects (whether this project be a thesis, capstone, research project, internship, etc.) with an ASU faculty member.
- ASU has a number of “Residential Colleges” where students in the same academic discipline can live and learn together.
Think ASU might be the right fit for you? The university suggests booking a campus tour to find out for sure.
Contact us if we can serve you in the DC Ranch or Scottsdale area.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255