If you’re selling a home in DC Ranch this spring, you know you need to stage it properly – but springtime staging is a little bit different from staging during the rest of the year.
Fortunately, this is the ultimate spring staging checklist, and you can use it to make sure your home is as appealing to potential buyers as possible.
The Ultimate Spring Staging Checklist for Homes in DC Ranch
First things first: Start your spring staging with spring cleaning. Now is the time to get rid of items you don’t use (and that are collecting dust) and make sure the whole winter is swept away – decluttering feels amazing in spring!
Then, work your way down this checklist to make sure your house is sparkling for would-be buyers.
- Give your floors a pick-me-up. Have the carpets or hardwoods professionally cleaned, and if you have worn or scuffed spots on wood, buff them with polyurethane (or have a pro come in).
- Clean the walls. Smudges can build up over winter, so go through the house looking for smudges and scuffs. Remember, though, that not all paint can tolerate a soapy washcloth – you might need to employ different tactics, depending on the finish on your walls.
- Put away all your cozy, winter blankets. It’s time to pack up your dark throws and accessories for next year and bring out bright blankets, floral prints and bright cloths so you can usher in spring in style – and make sure your potential buyers are feeling it, too. (Pro tip: Add towels, throw pillows, candles and table settings in spring colors like yellow, sage green, pale blue and lavender.)
- Open all the windows and make sure the blinds are up as high as they’ll go. Open all your drapes, too, and make sure your windows are spotless.
- Grab fresh flowers and place them strategically around the house. Nothing makes people feel right at home like seeing a beautiful bouquet on the kitchen counter or dining table, or on the dresser in the bedroom.
- Get everything off the kitchen counter. Buyers want to see that there’s plenty of space for indulging their inner chefs, but having a coffee grinder, a toaster and other items (even a knife block) can change the way they view your kitchen.
- Make your porch warm and welcoming. Skip the circular door wreath and replace it with a spring-themed “Welcome” sign or something interesting. Put down a beautiful welcome mat and add some cheerful potted plants to inspire buyers to come inside.
- Make the back porch or deck look like the perfect place to entertain. People love outdoor living space, and by setting a table or putting out pretty planters, you’re making sure they know your outdoor space is a great place to gather with family and friends.
Are You Selling a Home in DC Ranch?
Call us at 480-360-0281 to learn how we’ll market your house to all the right buyers. Our innovative marketing plans are perfect for sellers who want to sell quickly and at the right price, so call us today.
Looking for a home in DC Ranch instead?
Check out our:
- Country Club Village homes for sale
- Desert Camp Village homes for sale
- Desert Parks Village homes for sale
- Silverleaf Village homes for sale