Today, the national weather service issued a “flash-flood-watch” for multiple locations in Arizona including the Scottsdale area. Anticipated flash flooding is forecast for tomorrow, Wednesday, September 17 and Thursday, September 18. After last week’s historic rainfall, the flash-flood-watch is top-of-mind for all of us here.
It’s important to the Matheson Team, realtors who specialize in the DC Ranch area, to keep you up-to-date on community and real estate information. Make DCRanchHomes your “go-to” source for local information.
Here are a few things to think about as the storm moves in:
- ‘Flash-flood-watch’ means that it is possible that flooding of washes, creeks and drainage systems may occur. If you do come across flooded areas, obey “do not enter when flooded” signs.
- If you’re a pedestrian in a flooded area, stay away from any currents of water. They are often deeper and stronger than people anticipate.
- Keep up to date on the storm on the radio, TV, through Weather.com or any other weather apps. If the “watch” turns to a “warning,” be sure you’re in a safe place or on higher ground and avoid going outdoors unless it’s absolutely necessary.
In preparation for rainfall, check potentially vulnerable areas of your home:
- Check windows and door areas for indications of moisture such as peeling or discoloring paint, and difficulty opening.
- Check the roof of your home to be sure tiles and shingles are in place, especially around chimneys, vents, etc.
- Outer walls – make sure yard debris is away from the foundation and tree limbs are at least 7′ away from your home – both prevent excess water collection.
- Seal cracks in outer walls and windows.
If you are a secondary home owner, make sure your property manager does a thorough walk-through of your home either during or after the storm to identify any issues.
Reach out to us for more information and join us in looking out for the safety of our DC Ranch neighbors.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255