When you buy a new home for sale in DC Ranch, you might consider hiring a professional decorator – or you might want to try your own hand at design. If you’re in the latter camp, you’ll love this list of the best interior design apps.
The 5 Best Interior Design Apps for Your Home in DC Ranch
The five best interior design apps include:
- The west elm Room Planner
- Ikea Place
Here’s a closer look at each.
The west elm Design Crew Room Planner is an incredibly simple tool you can use to create custom room dimensions and decorate your space. The visualization layout helps you determine what will fit and where – and you can even choose to purchase items you want to add directly from the app.
Decorist isn’t a free app, but it walks you through several images featuring different design styles to zero in on your personal style. It’ll ask you to gauge which photos you like best before delivering customized recommendations.
#3. IKEA Place
IKEA Place is a fabulous 3D, true-to-scale app that uses AR technology to help you furnish any space. You’ll get room inspiration, access to specially curated collections and fresh product highlights.
Hutch bills itself as a virtual dressing room for your home. You can find your favorite furniture brands and compare different pieces of decor using 3D technology to see how your space will look. You can keep trying styles and combos until you create the perfect balance – and then you can order directly from the app.
As of right now, Hutch is only available for Android devices.
Havenly is a connected app that lets you connect with professional decorators. You pick a room, set your budget and start telling your Havenly designer to find the perfect solutions. You can have a quick consultation or have a complete and in-depth consultation to redesign an entire room.
You don’t have to take a DIY approach, though. You might choose to hire an interior designer – and if that’s the case, the next section applies to you.
How to Hire an Interior Designer
Interior design is a creative, artistic pursuit – and when you just don’t have those skills, it can be a better idea to hire a professional than to try your own hand at decorating.
Ideally, you’ll choose a designer who’s certified by the Designer Society of America or a comparable organization. If you choose to hire a designer, make sure you:
- Do your homework. You want to work with a designer who’s not afraid to tell you if something’s going to look terrible in your space, as well as who’s able to create a fabulous and streamlined style. Ask your friends and family for referrals, or talk to your REALTOR® to find out who’s who in Scottsdale.
- Share your vision with prospective designers before you make a hiring decision. Explain your style with pictures, talk about your favorite colors, and let your prospective designer know what types of furnishings you like. That way, you can find out how well you’ll communicate with each other and see what your designer’s responses are.
- Discuss your budget. Let prospective designers know how much you’re willing to spend to get a look you’ll love. Good designers can let you know what’s possible within your budget so you can make the right decisions moving forward.
Are You Buying a Home in DC Ranch?
If you’re buying a home for sale in DC Ranch, we can help you find one that’s just perfect for your needs. Check out our:
- Country Club Village homes for sale
- Desert Camp Village homes for sale
- Desert Parks Village homes for sale
- Silverleaf Village homes for sale