Many of our local homeowners leave their primary residence in other parts of the country and come to their secondary home in DC Ranch to enjoy the warm winters in Scottsdale’s Sonoran Desert. Arriving to a clean and prepared home is an inviting and rewarding experience. We’ve put together a convenient checklist to help you get your Arizona home ready for your arrival.
Before your arrival
- Newspaper delivery: Some of us like the feel of holding the morning newspaper in one hand and a good cup of coffee in the other. If you haven’t yet switched to reading the morning paper on a media device, you’ll want to notify the papers or periodicals of your winter address.
- Internet, TV service: Contact your internet and cable/satellite provider and notify them of the date to turn on access.
- Hot water heater: Have the settings on the hot water heater changed from vacation to a warmer setting so when you arrive there will be a nice hot shower available.
- Swimming pool: A week prior to arrival, have the pool completely serviced including filters cleaned.
- Housecleaning: Call your cleaning service two weeks prior to your arrival so you can schedule a good house cleaning. Make sure they dust ceiling mounted light fixtures, ceiling fan blades and window treatments, and sweep out the garage.
- Window cleaning: The summer monsoon brought a lot of rain, so your windows will need to be cleaned. This is a busy time of year for window cleaners, so book ahead.
- Stock the refrigerator: If you have someone who can stock your refrigerator with a few items such as juice, bottled water, fresh ground coffee and some snacks, they may come in handy upon your arrival if you can’t get to the grocery store immediately.
When you arrive
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Replace batteries in the outside garage door opener pad.
- Replace the furnace filters or have your system professionally serviced.
- Light and test the gas grill and fireplaces.
- Check and replace weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows that may have deteriorated or pulled away.
- Clean the patio furniture and place outside.
- Pull garden hoses out of storage and attach and test water flow.
Looking for DC Ranch homes for sale? Contact me at 480-360-0281 or fill out the contact form below today. We’ll get your search started right away.
Make ScottsdaleRealEstate your go source for community and real estate information. Subscribe to our Blog to keep up to date on the latest news and events.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255