Thinking of moving to Scottsdale, Arizona? Here are 10 fun facts about Arizona, the “Grand Canyon State.”
- Arizona is the 48th state.
- Arizona is the 6th largest state in the U.S.
- Arizona’s economy is split into the 5 C’s: Cattle, Copper, Citrus, Cotton and Climate.
- Arizona’s capital city of Phoenix was named after Ancient Egypt’s mythical phoenix bird because the city was “reborn” from the “ashes” of former civilization.
- Arizona’s state motto reads “Ditat Deus”, which translates from Latin to mean “God enriches.”
- The 13 stripes on the Arizona flag represent the original 13 colonies of the U.S.
- The hottest temperature ever recorded in Arizona was 128 °F (Lake Havasu City, AZ); the coldest was -40 °F (Hawley Lake, AZ.)
- If you cut down a Saguaro cactus in Arizona, you could go to prison for up to a year.
- Arizona Roadrunners can run up to 17 mph.
- Arizona’s official gemstone is Turquoise.
(Fun facts from Arizona Centennial website.)
We are real estate experts who make it our job to know the ins and outs of the Scottsdale area. For more community and real estate information, be sure to check out our other websites: ScottsdaleRealEstate.com and AZGolfHomes.com.
Reach out to us if we can help you with real estate in DC Ranch or the Scottsdale area.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255