Whether your little ones are big enough to trick-or-treat on their own or you’re gearing up to accompany them on Halloween, check out this list of Halloween safety tips. You can talk to your kids about these, even if they’re very small, so they get into good trick-or-treat habits.
Halloween Safety Tips for Trick-or-Treat 2019
If you’re trick-or-treating in DC Ranch or elsewhere in Scottsdale, these tips will help keep your kids (and you!) safe this Halloween:
- Cross only at street corners. Don’t cross in the middle of the street, because sometimes vehicles fail to put on their headlights – and sometimes drivers just aren’t paying close enough attention to the children out having a good time.
- Don’t look at electronics while trick-or-treating. Never play on the phone while you’re walking, even if it’s on a dead-end street.
- Teach your kids to make eye contact with drivers before they cross the street in front of them. Or even better, to wave cars through before they cross.
- Stick to sidewalks and paths. Don’t go in the street if possible! If you have to walk in the street, walk against traffic so you can see drivers as they come toward you.
- Teach children not to walk between parked cars to cross the street.
When you use these safety tips, you and your kids will have a safe – and happy – Halloween. Then, the only thing you have to worry about is overdoing it on the candy.
Are You Selling a Home in DC Ranch?
If you’re selling a home in DC Ranch, we can help you sell it for the right price.
If you’re also looking for a new home, we can help you find one that’s just perfect for your needs. Check out our:
- Country Club Village homes for sale
- Desert Camp Village homes for sale
- Desert Parks Village homes for sale
- Silverleaf Village homes for sale