There’s always something to do in Scottsdale near DC Ranch, but now that temperatures are finally starting to drop (slowly but surely!), check out these five fun activities right around the corner from the community.
5 Fun Fall Activities Near DC Ranch
Check out these fall events in the community, then explore other activities nearby:
- September 15: Family movie night at the Homestead Community Center, where Peter Rabbit is playing
- September 21: DC Ranch Night with the Diamondbacks, where you can catch a game with seating in a section reserved only for DC Ranch residents
- September 22: Mother-son trail ride at sunset around MacDonald’s ranch, then BBQ dinner with all the fixings
Once those are on your calendar, make time to:
- Hike Gateway Trail at McDowell Sonoran Preserve
- Visit Dolphinaris Arizona
- Head to Taliesin West
- Have a picnic at Pinnacle Peak Park
- Go to MacDonald’s Ranch
Hike Gateway Trail at McDowell Sonoran Preserve
The Gateway Trailhead is right outside DC Ranch, and now that it’s cooler in the mornings, it might be the perfect time for you to explore. The 4.5-mile loop trail goes up a low saddle and comes back down in a moderately difficult hike, and you should see plenty of flora and fauna on your trek.
Visit Dolphinaris Arizona
Dolphinaris Arizona is a great place to swim with the dolphins. They offer a dolphin swim program, a swim and ride program, and other interactive programs for adults and kids.
Head to Taliesin West
Taliesin West, Frank Lloyd Wright’s desert laboratory, is a National Historic Landmark you can visit for a guided tour. You can tour Wright’s private quarters and several other rooms, as well as take a night tour where you take everything in under the starts – it’s a spectacular experience.
Have a Picnic at Pinnacle Peak Park
Pinnacle Peak Park is a 150-acre masterpiece in the Sonoran Desert. You’ll enjoy a beautiful walk to the top – it’s a 1.75-mile hike to get there – and once you’re there, you can picnic at the tables beneath the ramada.
Go to MacDonald’s Ranch
MacDonald’s Ranch is a great place to spend the day, and they’re about to open their 2018 pumpkin patch, as well. This “western adventure” offers horseback rides, stagecoach rides and so much more.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in DC Ranch?
Whether you’re buying a home for sale in DC Ranch or you’re selling one, we’re here to help you.
Call us at 866-613-8356 to talk about your goals – we can help you reach them.
While you’re here, you can also or look for your next home for sale in these DC Ranch neighborhoods:
- Country Club Village homes for sale
- Desert Camp Village homes for sale
- Desert Parks Village homes for sale
- Silverleaf Village homes for sale