If you’ve listed your DC Ranch home for sale, you might soon be planning an open house. If you want to stand out from the many open houses on weekends, take these tips into consideration as you and your Realtor start planning:
- Get the house ready to show off. You need to impress everyone who walks through your front door, and this requires some preparation. Your first move should be to improve your curb appeal, remove clutter and personal items, and then clean the house from top to bottom. You might even consider hiring a cleaning service days before your Scottsdale open house. Then, think about hiring a professional stager, or at least get some home staging advice from your real estate agent. This way, you can feel confident as your open house approaches.
- Make buyers aware of your open house. The easiest way to market your open house in DC Ranch is by going online. Luckily, you and your Realtor have a ton of online tools at your disposal. For example, your real estate agent can update the Multiple Listing Service with the date and time of your open house, which is the easiest way to make sure it appears on all of the major real estate websites. DC Ranch’s main website also has a page where your Realtor can submit your open house to make sure your listing is on the map that guards hand out at the gate to anyone coming through to see open houses. You can also use the tried and true method of putting up signs in front of your house for potential buyers passing by.
- Know the DC Ranch rules for advertising your open house. If you do decide to host an open house when selling your DC Ranch home, make sure you follow the rules as you arrange it. First, start by telling the Ranch Association the date and time you have in mind, which should be somewhere between 8 am-6 pm and preferably on the weekend. Your agent can put one open house sign in your yard and a few in common areas during the time period you choose.
- Leave the house…and take your pets with you. Buyers want to be able to walk through the house and comment on what they like and don’t like. They might find it hard to really say what they want to when you’re there, so avoid an awkward situation by leaving for the day and letting your Realtor take care of the open house. If you have any pets in the house, try to arrange for them to be elsewhere on the day of the open house, since few people want to deal with a barking dog or a curious cat as they check out the house they might buy (especially if they don’t have pets of their own!).
- Protect your valuables. Since you won’t be at the house while people walk through it, it’s best to hide or lock up anything that you don’t want to lose. Sure, in most cases, a real estate agent will accompany anyone walking through the house, but that doesn’t always work out if the open house happens to be a busy. It’s good to be cautious with your valuables during the entire home selling process, and you can always talk with your Realtor about how to stay safe during a busy time when people are walking in and out of your home.
- Put your home’s information on paper. One thing you do want open house attendees to leave with is a pamphlet with information about your DC Ranch home for sale. After all, many people who attend one open house might go to directly another one, and you want to help them remember yours. A flyer with the home’s square footage, list price, interesting features, and a few good pictures should be sufficient. Your listing agent can also include some comparables of other homes for sale, or even some facts on the nearby amenities, including shopping and dining options. Don’t forget this either- allowing guests to grab a cookie or a bottle of water along with any paperwork your listing agent can provide is another way to stand out!
Whether you want to host your own open house in DC Ranch or want to find some to check out, The Matheson Team can help. Contact us today to get started- Jenny and I work, live, and play in DC Ranch and can answer any questions you might have about our community.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255