When you’re selling a home in DC Ranch, one of the first places your prospective buyers will look is inside your guest bathrooms. While guest bathrooms might not be make-or-break spaces (like the kitchen may be), it’s still very important to stage them so they’re as appealing as possible to prospective buyers. Check out these three tips for staging a guest bathroom to get started on yours.
3 Tips for Staging a Guest Bathroom to Help Sell Your Home Quickly
Buyers may spend a lot more time in the kitchen and the bedrooms than they will in your guest bathrooms, but they’re very important when it comes to staging. As many REALTORS® can tell you, most prospective buyers will poke their heads in the room, look around and step out (unless it’s a full bath – then they’re likely to spend a bit more time in there). But that means you have fewer than five seconds to impress someone with your guest bath… so it needs to be done right.
Check out these three tips for staging a guest bathroom to impress prospective buyers in a short amount of time.
- Scrub everything
- Refresh your supplies
- Create eye-catching displays
Here’s a closer look at each.
#1. Scrub everything.
As with any other room, your guest bathroom needs to be spotless before you can stage it. That means it’s time for a deep-clean – even in places you’re sure a buyer won’t look. (That includes the cabinet under the sink, because although most buyers only peek in and move on, some still do go in and look at the plumbing, check out the storage space and see what it’s like with the door closed.)
Use these tips to make sure your guest bath is spotless for staging:
- Remove light fixture covers and your exhaust fan, wash them, and put them back.
- Take all your prescription medications out of the medicine cabinets, as well as any personal items you wouldn’t be comfortable showing a stranger.
- Take out old towels that have seen better days.
- Use a lime remover or heavy-duty cleaner to remove soap and other buildup from sinks.
- Use window cleaner on chrome fixtures to make them shine.
#2. Refresh your supplies.
To put your bathroom’s best foot forward, you’re going to need fresh linens, a new shower curtain liner and a few other things. (Speaking of fresh linens, we often advise our clients to invest in a few new sets of towels. They’re for display only while you’re trying to sell your home – you can use them all you want at your new home.)
In addition to new bath linens and a new shower curtain liner, think about investing in:
- Bamboo or wood trays for the countertops
- Potted plants
- Scented soaps (like the towels, these are for display only right now)
- Glass storage containers for basic toiletries, like cotton swabs
#3. Create eye-catching displays.
First things first: Put up your towels. Think about a rolled towel on the back edge of a garden tub or several rolled towels in a wicker basket if there’s room on the floor; hang a fluffy, white towel on the rack. Then, create displays by grouping items together in odd numbers (three or five should be the limit, though, especially if you have limited counter space).
Are You Selling a Home in DC Ranch?
We can help you sell your home in DC Ranch quickly (and for as much money as possible). Just call us at 866-613-8356 to find out how we’ll market your place to all the right buyers!
If you’re thinking about buying a DC Ranch home for sale, we can help you find a home that’s just perfect for your needs. Check out our:
- Country Club Village homes for sale
- Desert Camp Village homes for sale
- Desert Parks Village homes for sale
- Silverleaf Village homes for sale