Many communities have rules and regulations when it comes to the size of “For Sale” signs and times for open houses, and DC Ranch is no exception. Their regulations are part of what make it such a beautiful, clean desert community.
You’ll want to make sure you and your real estate agent are familiar with these three easy requirements from the DC Ranch Association before preparing to sell your home.
1. Complete the Home Listing Form
One of the first steps in selling your DC Ranch home is filling out the Home Resale Listing Form. If you have a listing agent, he or she can fill out the form for you. It simply asks for your contact information, whether the property is currently occupied, who your listing agent is, and how he or she will gain access to the home, as well as a few other relevant details. It can easily be filled out online at the link above.
2. Follow the Rules for Signs
Before you start planning where to put the “For Sale” signs in your yard, take note that you can only have one, and it can’t block the sidewalk or touch common areas in the neighborhood. The sign also cannot be homemade. In fact, there are restrictions on what it can look like:
- The sign itself cannot be any larger than 18×24 inches and cannot be circular.
- It cannot be more than 5 feet tall.
- It needs to be supported by wooden posts that are 3”x4” or 4”x4”.
- It cannot feature tubes, flyers, or balloons.
- Once you close escrow, your agent has 3 days to remove the sign.
Signs that do not adhere to these rules may be removed.
It’s easiest to just buy a standard sign at the store or have a knowledgeable real estate agent with industry-standard signs.
3. Host an Open House
Just as “For Sale” signs come with regulations you need to follow, so do open houses in DC Ranch. If you plan on selling your home in this area, you and your real estate agent need to be familiar with the rules that apply to open houses. They include the following:
- You need to contact the Ranch Association with the time and date of the open house.
- The approved time period for open houses in DC Ranch is between 8 am and 6 pm.
- Your listing agent can display one “Open House” sign on your property between 8 am and 6 pm.
- Agents can also place “Open House” signs in approved common areas.
- You cannot place any gate or alarm codes on listings or open house advertisements.
These rules for selling your DC Ranch home are meant to keep the community safe and appealing for current and potential residents. If you’re not sure what your next step should be now that you know the rules, call The Matheson Team for help selling your DC Ranch home and buying a new one. We work and live in DC Ranch and are happy to be your guide.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255