With the beautiful spring temperatures slowing giving way to warmer and warmer days here in Scottsdale, it’s time to think about ways to save money on your home’s summer energy bills. With just a few minor adjustments to your current lifestyle you can incur significant savings.
Here are a few ideas for lowering your home’s energy consumption in the summer months:
- Install ceiling fans that move air, giving the feel of a cooler room temperature.
- Install a programmable thermostat that you can adjust through the internet. How many times have you left home and not adjusted the thermostat?
- Keep your appliances in tip top shape and have them serviced on a regular basis.
- Purchase smart power strips.
- Make sure the kids get in the habit of turning off their games and TV’s when they leave their rooms.
- Clean air conditioning and refrigerator filters and coils monthly.
- Insulate your hot water heater.
- Caulk and weather-strip your windows and doors.
- Make the change to LED bulbs.
- Contact your local utility company or check their website for residential consumer guidelines.
On top of saving you money and wear and tear on your home, you will be helping out the environment by implementing some or all of these tips.
Make DCRanchHomes.com your “go to” resource when searching for DC Ranch homes for sale and community information.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255